Acne is a skin condition that develops when pores become clogged. Blackheads, whiteheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts are all different types of acne.
Factors that cause acne:
- Inflammation of the affected area
- Acne-causing bacteria
- Excess oil
- Thickening of the skin that blocks pores
- Changes in hormone levels
- Products we apply to our hair and skin
- Pressure, friction, or rubbing of the skin
Control and relieve acne with these simple dos and don’ts
- Wash your face every morning, evening, and after exercise.
- Choose skincare products that are “oil-free” and “noncomedogenic.” Products that have these labels will not clog your pores.
- Use a gentle, foaming face wash.
- Apply moisturizer daily.
- Wear sunscreen outdoors.
- Sleep with your makeup on.
- Use oil-based or alcohol-based cleansers as these can irritate your skin.
- Touch your face throughout the day.