Thread lifts are non-surgical, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures that sculpt to the shape of your face.
As the skin ages, the outer skin layer becomes thinner, and the connective tissue reduces the skin's strength and elasticity. The lack of elasticity decreases certain facial-shaping support and causes the face to sag and wrinkles to appear. Temporary, medical-grade suture materials — known as threads — are used to “stitch-up” your skin so that it’s drawn taut and as a result, tightens the face.
Depending on an individual’s ageing process and lifestyle, visible results can last up to 12 to 18 months.
Types of threads
Materials used for threads are safe and are used for other surgical applications. The types of threads can be divided into these main categories.
1. MODE OF ABSORPTION
- Non-absorbable threads remain permanently in the subdermal tissue.
- Absorbable threads have a limited lifetime, which will be broken down by enzymes in time.
2. SMOOTH AND NON-SMOOTH THREADS
- Smooth Thread (for rejuvenation) is mainly used for the tissue bio-revitalisation, as they are not able to anchor to the tissue.
- Non-Smooth Thread (for suspension) radiate outward from the centre of the suture to anchor and lift the soft tissue.
At Menarini, our range of thread lifting procedures restores youthful skin to boost confidence.